rawhide stability

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 21:22:59 UTC 2006

> - SELinux doesn't work cause it doesn't allow programs to use sendto
> (hence RPC/NFS is gone)

Not many people use that (I don't), but please file a bug.

> - audio mixer is death

Huh? I watch video every day.

> - evolution crashes and has missing icons

Bah! Sylpheed foreva! But actually, please file a bug.

> - gnomepanel crashes randomly

Didn't happen here. Are you on x86_64 or something?

> - teminal font doesn't work for ncursus

My bittorrent-curses works just fine.

I think you're overstating the case. It's just a normal Rawhide, no worse
than it always was. I use use Rawhide on my work laptop exclusively, and
it's more stable than RHL 7.0 was (just to name one).

-- Pete