RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 14:37:42 UTC 2006

Hi

>Hi Rahul,
>
>Would it be possible for redhat to just extend security fixes for FCx
>until FC(x+2) comes out? I think if I was using an older release this
>is something I would really want.
>
>n0dalus.

I dont make that decision and my personal opinion on this does not
matter in the big picture of things, but why is it that pushing over
additional burden on Red Hat projected as the only solution here?. Its
not like the engineers arent drowned in tons of work already. The
resources involved are not unlimited.  Red Hat maintaining older
releases will have a *negative impact* on forward development affecting
every user eventually. Wasn't Fedora supposed to be the place where the
community can get involved and do things? . Now is your opportunity.
Why not help by validating the process of using Fedora legacy instead of
treating it as some kind of unwanted step child?.  I dont understand the
aversion. There is a lot of work from QA to documentation that can be
done by the community. Please step up to do it instead.

--
Rahul