RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:47:31 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> Name make a differences. If RH simply provided the packages on the same
> directories, on the same servers and would exchange the personell from
> "RH to Legacy" underneath, probably nobody would notice.

The goal should not be to make sure people do not notice. People need
to notice that the release has gone EOL so they can make an informed
choice as to how they want to proceed in case they failed to
understand the EOL policy before they decided to install the release.
I'm all for lowering the bar to make that transition as painless as
possible, but users of the EOL status of the release need to be made
aware of the status change somehow. Having legacy populate the same
repository definitions makes it that much harder for admins to notice
the status has changed. EOL has implications for admins beyond the
Core updates provided by Legacy.

-jef