RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

n0dalus n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:48:48 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:

> I dont make that decision and my personal opinion on this does not
> matter in the big picture of things, but why is it that pushing over
> additional burden on Red Hat projected as the only solution here?. Its
> not like the engineers arent drowned in tons of work already. The
> resources involved are not unlimited.  Red Hat maintaining older
> releases will have a *negative impact* on forward development affecting
> every user eventually...

That makes sense. Perhaps the current way it is worded could be
changed from "when FCz reaches test2" to something more along the
lines of "when developers need to spend more time concentrating on
improving the next release (usually once the second test release of
FCz is produced)". I think this would make people feel less like they
are "missing out" on FCz, and feel more as though this decision really
benefits them in the long run.

n0dalus.