RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Jan 19 20:39:31 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 15:14 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 1/19/06, Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> wrote:
> > I think the thing that should be much more clearly pointed out than it
> > currently is, is the fact that any given FC release is a *very*
> > short-lived distribution.
>
> Any silver bullet suggestions on how to making this information harder to miss?

No silver bullets I'm afraid but perhaps a comment on the download page
about the expected life duration .. and maybe a "timer" in anaconda
along the lines of "this version is more than 6 months old, there's
probably a newer version available, are you sure you want to continue"
would help. Dunno :-/

	- Panu -