RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Hans Kristian Rosbach hk at isphuset.no
Fri Jan 20 10:48:32 UTC 2006

> >As I see it, it's "having to change your system to change it again a
> >couple of months later".
> >

> We can fix that by enabling the repository by default or pushing out a
> yum update that does it making the process completely transparent to the
> end user. Will that do?

Yes, this would make me much easier.

Users that don't know this stuff just think that there are no security
updates after the date when it goes over to FC-L. The old repos are
still present and nothing is hinting towards the fact that something
is now wrong.

Couldn't just FC-L inherit the old FC repos and just use those?
This would mean simpler mirroring among others. Also the updates
would just continue to work. And this can work on both FC4 and FC3,
although FC3 probably has moved to FC-L repo already.

I see no reason to separate the two, atleast not since this afterall
is supposed to be a community effort on the whole. Not only after
RH doesn't want it anymore.

-HK