RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:38:51 UTC 2006

> Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>
> >On 1/19/06, Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> wrote:
> >

> >>I think the thing that should be much more clearly pointed out than it
> >>currently is, is the fact that any given FC release is a *very*
> >>short-lived distribution.
> >>

> >Any silver bullet suggestions on how to making this information harder to miss?
> >
> >-jef
> >

> I have posted a suggestion to fedora-docs which might help.
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2006-January/msg00135.html
>
> --
> Rahul
>
> Fedora Bug Triaging - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers

Good idea. Setting this as the default home-page is a very good idea.
Come to think about it, why not update the default FAQ using yum, the
day FC-X is EOL'ed, adding a short message:
"This released has been handed over to the "Fedora Community Maintenance
Project"... <explain what FC-L means and that the user is not forced to
upgrade.. blah blah>"

Though most ex-Windows users are already used to ignoring the
readme/EULA/what-ever.

Gilboa