RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Jose' Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Jan 20 16:57:29 UTC 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 16:41, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>  Is it? I regret to say this, but this isn't necessarily my impression on
>
> > RH's role in Fedora.
>
> That's a valid opinion, of course it is possible that the Fedora Project
> isn't the most suitable distribution for your personal needs.Have you
> tried Ubuntu, Debian, or Gentoo?  Just a thought.  Might be worth the
> effort to experiment with other distributions, in case another one more
> closely aligns with your expectations.  Never hurts to experiment
> anyway.
>
> --
> Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
>                        Proud Canadian.

  This is a serious issue but it almost looks like the QOTW that I read today
about python:

"""
Python-dev is in love with Python, though sometimes too much, Fredrik
Lundh contends:

    ...in reality, some things are carefully thought out and craftily
implemented, some things are engineering tradeoffs made at a certain
time, and some things are just accidents -- but python-dev will
happily defend the current solution with the same energy, no matter
what it is.
"""

  Sometime I have the feeling that this is what happens with the Fedora Core
package selection. :-)

--
José Abílio