RFE: Retire Fedora Core 4 only _after_ FC6 has been released.

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jan 20 18:10:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 11:41 -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 04:24 -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> >>  Likewise, simply because someone's idea, request, feature
> >>enhancement, etc. may not get accepted by the project, it doesn't mean
> >>the project isn't open to discussion and community involvement.
> >
> > Is it? I regret to say this, but this isn't necessarily my impression on
> > RH's role in Fedora.
>
> That's a valid opinion, of course it is possible that the Fedora Project
> isn't the most suitable distribution for your personal needs.Have you
> tried Ubuntu, Debian, or Gentoo?  Just a thought.  Might be worth the
> effort to experiment with other distributions, in case another one more
> closely aligns with your expectations.  Never hurts to experiment
> anyway.
You seem to be mixing up two different things: The project's product
(the distribution) and the project's management.

I am actually quite satisfied with the product, but am increasingly
dissatisfied with the project's management.

So, if I am complaining, I don't mean to do harm to the Project, I am
looking for improvement. If was satisfied with the product, I would long
have quit and would not invest my time on this and other lists.

Or to put exaggerate it really bluntly: "RH - Why don't prove us you can
do better?"

Ralf