Removing Evolution on Rawhide

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 12:45:49 UTC 2006

fre, 20 01 2006 kl. 22:39 -0500, skrev Willem Riede:

> And that begs the question "why?". Leveraging a library is one thing, but
> forcing in the application against users wishes is just wrong.

Fedora can force Beagle on me anytime they want - seriously why are you
people complaining about this, it's a simple case of weighting in the
net benefits of bringing in a new dependency vs. the pain for a relative
few users who'll want to remove a core application like evolution.

Do we need to start removing functionality just to keep a few people
happy, I certainly hope not - and if the dependencies can be minimized
without removing functionality then why spend time mailing the list,
when a bugreport would be the correct answer.

- David

--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - The GNOME commentary located at
www.lovesunix.net/blog