dbus-qt bindings are back?

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 18:22:59 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 11:49 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Jesse Barnes wrote:

> >> Yes, dbus-qt bindings will be back.
> >
> > And KDE will be built with HAL support?  I'm looking forward to testing!
>
> Not without patching.  The newly backported dbus-qt bindings are not
> api-compatible with the old ones.

If they are ported to those I will also be willing to enable that since
they are maintained.  However the best option would have been for KDE to
either use the lowlevel d-bus/hal bindings or bring the bits they did
use from the old bindings into the KDE tree so at least those bits are
maintained.  From what the upstream developers have all told me, which
is what I have to go on, KDE doesn't use the bindings for much anyway
(mainly just the mainloop integration), so bringing in a whole
unmaintained library is not an option.