Which Fedora (rawhide) kernel with Core Duo CPU and which rpm opt flags for gcc?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Jan 23 18:37:22 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 11:35 +0100, Marcus Hartig wrote:

> which fedora kernel is the best to use with a new Intel Core Duo T2400
> CPU? Can I use the fedora (rawhide) smp kernel?

If your CPU has more than one processing unit (physical or virtual) you
should use the SMP kernel.  Note, in the x86_64 space, the only kernel
offered is automatically SMP.  The minute overhead of running an SMP
kernel on a non-smp processor is very very small.  The bonus of having a
unified kernel for that arch is very large (;