Problems with RAID1 && LogicVol...

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 02:20:02 UTC 2006

BTW,

Besides the problem with gnome, I detected a very weird behaviour on
RAID1 and logic volumes. Consider the same box (ASUS + Sis) with two
120GBytes SATA disks. I created a logic volume and a RAID1 (/dev/md0)...
What happens is that when I have intensive transfer, the box gets frozen
dead (no inputs, no interrupts, no nothing). BTW, no logs.

Both partitions were created canonically and, particularly, for the RAID
it was ensured that both partitions have exactly the same geometry. Both
HDs are equal. RAID worked well under Micro$oft Window$ XP...

I guess that there must be some bug in the treatment of interrupts...
Have someone experienced similar problems with RAIDs ???

Best regards,

Casimiro