gphoto2 problem: usb access for non root users

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:35:53 UTC 2006

With today updates I'm not able to access my digicamera from digikam.
It is about one month I don't use it so I don't know exact time problem arose.
I think it depends on recent hotplug changes.
In 21/01 rawhide report we have
Removed package hotplug

>From non root user:
[valeria at fedora ~]$ gphoto2 --auto-detect Modello                        Porta

>From root:
[root at fedora ~]# gphoto2 --auto-detect
Model                          Port
Kodak CX7525                   usb:
Kodak CX7525                   usb:002,002

gphoto2 --version gives:
gphoto2           2.1.99       i386-redhat-linux-gcc, popt, exif, no
cdk, no aa, jpeg, readline
libgphoto2        2.1.99       i386-redhat-linux-gcc, EXIF, no /proc/meminfo
libgphoto2_port   0.5.2        i386-redhat-linux-gcc, USB, serial
baudboy locking

Should I have to re-install hotplug or what?
What program/daemon would have to care about correct handling
permission of usb devices
for non root users?
Gianluca