AC_PATH_XTRA vs modular xorg

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Jan 30 18:06:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 09:22 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Does AC_PATH_XTRA (an autoconf macro used in configure.ac to figure out
> X library and include paths) cause problems with modular xorg?
Nope, it doesn't, at least it should not.

>  From the
> autoconf info page it looks like it uses xmkmf to work its magic.  Is
> this information current?
Yes, but only if it finds xmkmf (cf. _AC_PATH_X* et.al.
in /usr/share/autoconf/autoconf/libs.m4).

If it doesn't it loops through a set of hard-coded common paths.

> Have other people run into this type of problem in their packages yet?
At least, I haven't.

> Any pointers to a better way of handling it?
Not passing --x-* worked in all cases I've encountered so far, but ...
there are so many broken configure scripts out there that never know.

Ralf