Mono version in FC5

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:29:33 UTC 2006

On 1/30/06, Paul F. Johnson <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > What Mono versions are planned shipped with FC5?
>
> Current version is 1.1.13. Upstream hoped to have .NET 2 ready last
> year, but that seems to have slipped...

The current roadmap says the target for 1.2 is Q1/2006.

Guess he's really asking about Gtk# though. From the 2.4 release notes:
"We have also released an unstable version of gtk+ 2.8 bindings for
people who want to start experimenting with the cairo API. This
release is not for the faint of heart, and comes with no API stability
guarantee for the new 2.8 API."

Granted, that announcement is from late november last year so things
may have matured since then. Still, it hardly seems like a good idea
to throw 2.8 into FC5 when we're at test2, and I can't really
understand why f-spot and Banshee would demand 2.8 at this point - are
you sure about that?

--
Tarjei