Compiling pcmcia drivers...

Thomas Fischer tvfischer.l at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 22:38:14 UTC 2006

Dan,

Version 0.15 (which is the version in the kernel) still has some issues with
specific orinoco type cards. Certain cards return/require a specific header
when doing scan or rfmon (see for example:
http://www.kismetwireless.net/download.shtml)

Applying this patch to kernel source doesn't work. But I also noticed that
there are other certain incompatibilities as welll that are addressed in the
Agere source. Ok so I am being a little finky ;) but this is also in a sense
a test of what (I am personallY) able to achieve in Linux (learn as you
go...)

I will try the hostap drivers to see if that helps.

I am still curious to know though how it is possible to compile a pcmcia
driver that requires the use of pcmcia-cs source for compilitation...

Rgds

	--t