Update guidelines?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jul 1 16:16:21 UTC 2006

Mike A. Harris schrieb:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> ). Updated X-drivers would also be a good start, but it seems that's
>> still a hard job even in times of modular X.
> There are basically 2 ways to do driver updates:
> 1) By updating a driver to a newer upstream version.
> [...]
> Since X.Org 7.0 was released however, there have not been very
> many driver updates released for the 7.0 X server.  I believe
> we released an 'ati' update, but don't specifically remember if
> any others were done off the top of my head.

Well, I looked into this once and found the file
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-video-i810-1.5.0.0.tar.bz2
from 26-Jan-2006 09:42  383K (e.g. round about one month after Xorg 7.0
was released and four before 7.1 was published).

It has support for 945GM, it compiles without problems on FC5 but I
unfortunately don't have hardware at hand to test if it really works.

I couldn't find anything in the docs if this driver is for 7.0 or 7.1
:-/ Can somebody give me a hint where to look for such a information?

CU
thl