groupware for Fedora

Helge Hess helge.hess at opengroupware.org
Mon Jul 3 09:41:07 UTC 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 09:42, Erwin Rol wrote:
>> Build instructions are also available, SOPE:
>>    http://sope.opengroupware.org/en/build/thirdparty.html
>>    http://sope.opengroupware.org/en/build/sope.html
>> and OGo:
>>    http://www.opengroupware.org/en/devs/build/ogo.html
>>
>> Those do not work for you on a supported platform??? (i.e. not 64bit)
>> If not, please provide feedback! (feedback at opengroupware.org or one
>> of the mailing lists)
>
> As explained in the other mail, its not the RPM's provided by OGo but
> building the SRPM's in a Fedora compatible way.

The instructions above are for tarballs, not for RPMs. And together
with the existing specfiles it should be reasonably easy to produce a
set of Fedora compatible specs (in fact you only need to strip out
the generic $(var) stuff in the specfiles and you should be done).

(probably this is what Axel did?, I didn't know about it :-)

> On 64bit the number of compiler warnings is just scary, it is very
> unlikely that they are all harmless.

As mentioned again and again OGo is not (yet) ported to 64bit ;-)
This is probably not a hard task, but needs to be done (and yes you
are right, those warnings must be fixed for that ;-)

BTW stuff like that (those are the majority of the warnings when
compiling with gcc 4.1 on 32bit):

   NGLdapAttribute.m:66: warning: pointer type mismatch in
conditional expression

are in fact harmless. Its due to a small bug in the GCC type checker.
(but there are probably others on 64bit which are problematic)

Axel wrote:
> Since it is very unlikely that OGo and friends get into FC, should we
> move this discussion to fedora-extras?

Thats probably a good idea ;-)

Greets,
   Helge