rawhide report: 20060714 changes

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Fri Jul 14 16:48:47 UTC 2006

fre, 14 07 2006 kl. 10:01 -0500, skrev Josh Boyer:
> On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 19:32 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> > buildsys at redhat.com wrote:
> >
> > > xorg-x11-server-1.1.1-5.fc6
> > > ---------------------------
> > > * Thu Jul 13 2006 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com> - 1.1.1-5.fc6
> > > - Tag as 1.1.1-5.fc6.
> > >
> > > * Wed Jul 12 2006 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com> - 1.1.1-5.fc5.aiglx
> > > - Enable composite by default.
> >
> > Doesnt composite break on a few hardware? Are we hoping to fix this
> > enough to have this enabled by default?
>
> The last time I tried it on ATI R300 it killed the box horribly.  I
> don't even think I had metacity using it at the time, but I could be
> mistaken.
>
> I haven't tried it lately.  Guess I'll find out when I yum update...

For what it's worth, I have compiz running on AIGLX, glitz enabled cairo
all running basically out of the box on Development using the r300
driver. Metacity as a compositor isn't from a user pov as nice as compiz
so I recommend using that instead but the stability is basically there,
at least it's good enough for me to use it as my default.

There are a few glitzes and a bit of slowness every now and again

- David