Kernel vulnerability

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Jul 15 05:03:06 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 12:52:58AM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:

 > I'm not sure what went on between the embargo, July 6th, and when
 > kernel-2.6.17-1.2157_FC5 was submitted and pushed out to
 > updates-testing on July 12th.

I was swamped with trying to get rawhide in shape for test2.
(Turns out we slipped a week anyway).

 > The package then sat in update-testing for 51
 > hours until it was pushed out as final on the 14th.

I wanted it to simmer for at least a day due to the xen update
that got merged into cvs during the above time period.
Ideally, an update should have gone out fixing just the security bug,
but branching cvs, and doing another rebuild would have added at least
a day.

There's another vulnerability that has been announced today, and
another -stable got pushed out this evening.  However there's some
concern that it breaks HAL, I'll investigate further in the morning,
and see if I can get something out tomorrow evening before I disappear
for a day whilst travelling to kernel summit/OLS.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk