Intel 945GM chip on Dell D620

Tue Jul 18 21:50:48 UTC 2006

I just got a new Dell D620 laptop with an Intel 945GM chip. The
resolution of the LCD is 1440x900. FC5 configured it to use VESA and do
1280x800 stretched on the 1440x900 LCD. I am now trying to get it to
work with the Rawhide i810 driver but not much luck. It seems that X
runs OK, because the external monitor works (at 1440x900) and i can
switch with Fn-F8 between the LCD and the external monitor. When the
external monitor is selected the LCD backlight is turned off, when the
LCD is selected the LCD backlight is on but the screen stays black
(sometimes it shortly displays a bit of junk just after the switch).

And tips or tricks for on how to get a 945GM working with the latest
Rawhide driver ?

TIA,

Erwin