mirrorlist cgi - URLs not ending in country code ?

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 18 22:18:20 UTC 2006

seth vidal wrote:
> Hi,
>  Over the last couple of weeks we've put together a mirror checking tool
> and a cgi that will verify the currency of the mirrorlist. Then it will
> generate lists per-country based on geoip country codes as well as a
> global mirror list.
>
> The code for this tool is available here:
>
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/check-mirrors/?root=fedora
Cool; for a test, I tried the test URL with country=AU, and the return
list included a single .au mirror. This leads me to the question of is
it just the list of mirrors' mirror URLs that is being checked for a
country code at the right hand end ?
If so what would need to happen to make for eg:
http://planetmirror.com/blahblah
be returned in the AU list (since it is located in Brisbane Australia) ?

DaveT.