rawhide report: 20060724 changes

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Jul 24 21:09:43 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Monday 24 July 2006 10:13, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> > After updating the rest, when trying to install this I get:
> >
> > Error: Missing Dependency: /etc/redhat-release is needed by package
> > initscripts
> >
> > Oh, finally rawhide is back! Random Gnome breakage, threats of baby-eating,
> > the works. It was getting boring...

> Strange.  fedora-release is supposed to provide /etc/redhat-release, not the
> release-notes package.  Did you not update to the latest fedora-release
> package too?

fedora-release-5.90-3 here, that is the latest one on
download.fedora.redhat.com too. Started as FC6t1 on this machine, updated
daily (or so), as far as it can be done.

fedora-release provides indexhtml (no version given), fedora-release-notes
provides indexhtml-5.91-3 and obsoletes indexhtml < 9-3, so presumably it
deletes fedora-release.