Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Jul 26 16:52:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Rahul wrote:

> dragoran wrote:
>> Rahul wrote:

>>> Should we also put out notices every time a kernel updates breaks non-free
>>> third party kernel modules?
>>>
>> if we know that it will break a module that many users use than why not?
>
> We dont test out proprietary software against any update produced by Fedora.
> Why should Xorg or kernel updates be a exception?

We should at least warn people when we know there is going to be a
problem.

No matter what you feel about the nVIDIA proprietary driver, a great
number of people use it.  (And some do not have many options.  Some things
do not work without it and if you have a laptop, getting something else is
a wee bit expensive.)

--
"I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Darl's head and
  stick it on a pike as a reminder to the next ten generations that some