Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Thu Jul 27 14:32:21 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 03:22:49PM +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> The users will get all those benefits when they update to/install FC6.

This is not acceptable.
Making every Fedora user suffer the consequences that some of them are using
non-free software is not a solution.

> Releasing new and incompatible versions isn't the problem the problem is
> doing so as update for past seemingly stable releases breaking user
> configurations knowingly.

Every single kernel release has broken user configurations.
Does this mean we should stop doing those as well?

> FC5 seems to do fine with Xorg 7.0 as it is and if people want to live on
> the bleeding edge this is what rawhide is for.

X.org 7.1 has been out for more than two months. I don't think this qualifies
as 'bleeding edge'. Compare, if need be, to the kernel updates we get.

Emmanuel