Fedora's intended target audience?

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Thu Jul 27 17:09:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 13:05 -0400, Deji Akingunola wrote:
> On 7/27/06, Marcus Hartig <m.f.h at web.de> wrote:
> > Arjan van de Ven <arjan fenrus demon nl> wrote:
> >

> > "I have a dream...!" ;-)
> > Would it not the best, to work hand in hand with Ati and nVidia and others
> > like intel, via..? I know! Easy to say, but I mean if you Arjan, an
> > acknowledged linux developer or other good developer here or the Fedora
> > xorg responsible person(s), wrote to Ati or nVidia's main linux driver
> > developer to warn them or ask them, when there is support for newer xorg
> > with the abi. I don't know the relationships to Ati or nVidia, maybe I'm
> > false...
> >
> For the present discussion, this is rather pointless. The change that
> made Xorg-7.1 abi incompatible with present Nvidia driver was
> contributed by an Nvidia developer.

Well, that makes the issue look somewhat different. If this is the case,
NVIDIA (and ATI, Intel) should clearly state when they release their
new  drivers (and should guarantee that it doesn't take a year), so that
xorg releases can be planned more precisely.

--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49