rawhide report: 20060727 changes

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jul 28 15:28:45 UTC 2006

Rahul <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> We are pretty close to all the applications in Fedora using a single
> media framework and that makes it quite easy to add support for
> additional formats which is a huge win. I hope Amarok supports gstreamer
> or someone will have to maintain Helix Player in Fedora Extras for Amarok.

There is a gstreamer plugin for Amarok, but it isn't maintained. The FE package
currently includes it so it has at least SOME backend to ship for non-i386 (I
forgot to mention that issue too for Helix), but doesn't currently build it on
x86, and I believe it hasn't been updated since 1.4.0 beta 3 or so.

        Kevin Kofler