Leaving?

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Fri Jul 28 20:45:27 UTC 2006

Dnia 28-07-2006, pią o godzinie 21:29 +0100, Paul napisał(a):
> > Are you claiming there isn't a safe mode or that they don't know to
> > how to boot into run level 3?
> If they've installed say the ATI or nVidia drivers and are normal users
> (read most people), it is quite likely that they won't even know what a
> run level is let alone know how to use it.
This is FUD. If nvidia driver breaks, you have to press Enter 3 times
when gdm can't start X and voila - it's autoconfiguring with the driver
shipped by Fedora, goes graphical and asks you for resolutions and
stuff. I understand you want 3D, me too, but please you two, don't make
people believe they have to type in some voodoo spells in the console to
get X working, as they don't.

Lam