groupware for Fedora

Sun Jul 2 15:44:09 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 01:43 +0200, Helge Hess wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2006, at 16:58, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> > Somebody really just needs to figure out how to build OGo from a
> > pristine system.
>
> Building OGo from source is a simple
>
>    ./configure; make install
>
> And then some configuration (DB setup etc).

OK, don't want to offend or disappoint you , but OGo is definitely _not_
easy to install and configure. Actually it is very hard to install and
configure. This needs a lot of work before it is usable on Fedora :-/

Things that are needed;

- working RPMS (Axel Thimm's work with a bit of hacking, but are
anything from "perfect")
- correct init.d files
- correct apache conf.d files
- major code review for 64bit systems, because the number of pointer
to/from int warnings, /usr/lib/ instead of /usr/lib64/ linking warnings
and other pointer warnings is just huge. There are certainly a number of
them that will cause fatal problems at runtime.

Adding the first dependencies like Axel was saying will be a good start
to get this project going. Apart from the 64bit code review the other
points should not be that hard, of course there surely will be other
problems too.

One thing about OGo that kind of "annoys" me is the rather messy code
releasing, everything is dumped in one directory and you just have to
figure out what belongs together and what not, also a good step by step
build manual is also not easy to find.

- Erwin