FC Development on s390 using Hercules

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Jul 4 08:49:43 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote :

>  > After I enter all the network configuration (ctc, etc. it's all in
>  > README.fedora), Hercules keeps outputting this line over and over, once
>  > every few minutes :
>  >
>  > request_module: runaway loop modprobe char-major-4-1
>  > request_module: runaway loop modprobe char-major-4-1
>  > request_module: runaway loop modprobe char-major-4-1
>  > request_module: runaway loop modprobe char-major-4-1
>  > request_module: runaway loop modprobe char-major-4-1
>  >
>  > I've tried "modprobe char-major-4-1" on an i386 FCdev system and got
>  > "FATAL: Module serial not found.".
>
> That's /dev/tty1
> Is there some configuration you have to do to hercules to set
> up how it handles consoles perhaps ?

Hmmm... not that I can recall. The console has always "just worked"
from within hercules itself, run from a terminal. Maybe this has
changed in recent versions of hercules, I'll keep looking. Thanks for
the pointer!

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.90 (Test) - Linux kernel 2.6.17-1.2336.fc6
Load : 0.43 0.23 0.11