2 years later... backups

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 15:54:54 UTC 2006

Reference: http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-September/msg00855.html

Ok in trying to make sure I don't end up in the same place as others
with dead servers.. I decided to make sure I had a daily/weekly
backups of my server and home machines to try and deal with old
hardware getting old. Looking over the mailling lists I found this
question about backups from 2004. Summarizing the data in it:

star:  covers ACL, in core
dar:   not in extras, was it ever looked at after email? google-skillz failed me
tar:    no one made their SAN check.
lvm snapshots: lots of questions.. not a lot of what/how to do.

So what is the status of doing base/incremental backups for FC5/6?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator