Re: OOo documents look different

Erwin Rol schrieb:
On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 00:02 -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:
Erwin Rol <mailinglists erwinrol com> wrote:
[...]
Sometimes you wish that ppl writing things like OOo would pay as much
attention to output quality as Donald Knuth :-/
Problem is that "that other office package" couldn't care less about output
quality, and many OOo users insist on pixel-exact rendering of the produced
junk...

We are talking about documents written with OOo 2.0.2 and opened with
OOo 2.0.3 or even OOo 2.0.2 of a few updates later, that "other office
package" I have not used for years and years (before OOo I used LaTeX).
It is simply not acceptable when Documents written on the same computer
look different after some minor (OOo 2.0.2 -> OOo 2.0.2 + bugfix)
updates look different. And worse, the documents look OK again when
opened by OOo on "that other OS".

Just FYI: I had similar problems. Is suspected it happened after this (from the changelog of the rpm):

[...]
* Do Apr 27 2006 Caolan McNamara <caolanm redhat com> - 1:2.0.2-5.8
[...]
- rh#189061# honour fontconfig autohint/hinting settings
[...]

I never got around to look at it closer. It only happened on one of my machines (one that's not perfectly clean, so it might be a local issue...)

CU
thl