libm

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Tue Jul 11 20:51:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 10:35:25PM +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> it's entirely possible that gcc on 64 bit has all the math operations
> inlined, while on 32 bit a few are external (eg libm)..

Under FC5/x86_64:

# ldd -r /usr/lib64/libfftw.so.2
undefined symbol: cos   (/usr/lib64/libfftw.so.2)
undefined symbol: sin   (/usr/lib64/libfftw.so.2)
[...]

The libraries in the FC3/x86_64 package do reference libm properly.
That's the part that makes no sense to me and I can't see anything in
the spec files that might explain the two different behaviours.
Different includes, maybe?

--
Rudi