Re: improving rpm

sv> So then this shouldn't be tied into rpm at all. just an external
sv> tool to deal with config file changes.

I've been running 60 lines of Perl to inform me of config file changes
and send me diffs for nearly a decade now.  It just calls rpm -qac and
looks for .rpm{save,new} files.  Anyway, it's not as if IRIX didn't
have this for ages.  It should be pretty easy for someone who knows
what they're doing to cook up an interface which integrates a basic
merge tool and a quick documentation browser.

 - J<