Re: X doesn't start

On 7/13/06, Steve G <linux_4ever yahoo com> wrote:
Hi,

I did some updates from rawhide yesterday and now I get:

Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

What caused this and what's the fix?

I experienced same issue recently after updating a FC5 system and
later found out it was due to xfs not running. This was because the
update remove the config file in /etc/X11/fs, leaving only a .rpmsave
and .rpmnew; I reinstalled xorg-x11-xfs, restart xfs service and it
was ok.

Deji
Thanks,
-Steve