Re: Firefox performance on Fedora vs Win32

On 7/14/06, Peter Gordon <peter thecodergeek com> wrote:
You shouldn't even have to rebuild it even. Just set the
MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO environment variable. For example, open a terminal and
run:

This could be because I just restarted firefox, but it really does
seem faster with MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1. In addition, I can't tell any
difference; what exactly does pango do in Firefox (text spacing does
seem a little different)?

n0dalus.