yum redownloading rpms after error

Thu Jul 13 21:46:42 UTC 2006

After a "yum update" i got the following error;

Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/themes/Crux/gtk-2.0/gtkrc from install of gtk2-engines-2.7.5-1 conflicts with file from package gtk2-engines-2.7.4-7

After fixing this by removing the i386 version i could do a "yum update
gtk2-engines" and it worked. Than i did a "yum update" to do the other
updates and now it is redownloading 700MB of rpms _again_ ! What is the
reason of this ? I have seen it before, and it seems to happen after a
transaction error of some kind. All the headers were redownloaded again
too. Even though my ADSL line is not that slow, downloading 600MB does
take a long time.

- Erwin