yum redownloading rpms after error

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Jul 13 23:09:50 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006 23:46 schrieb Erwin Rol:

> reason of this ? I have seen it before, and it seems to happen after a
> transaction error of some kind. All the headers were redownloaded again
> too. Even though my ADSL line is not that slow, downloading 600MB does
> take a long time.

Have you set "keepcache=1" in you /etc/yum.conf? Otherwise yum will clean its
cache after every invokation. Maybe you also need to set "metadata_expire" to
an higher value, since it may be that your metadata expires while you are
downloading all your upgrades if you have a slow internet connection.

Regards,
Till