Firefox performance on Fedora vs Win32

n0dalus n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 07:06:12 UTC 2006

On 7/14/06, n0dalus <n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com> wrote:

> This could be because I just restarted firefox, but it really does
> seem faster with MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1. In addition, I can't tell any
> difference; what exactly does pango do in Firefox (text spacing does
> seem a little different)?

Ok, I have noticed a few differences now.

1) The font spacing is different (worse).
2) Editing text in textareas is better. With pango turned on pressing
the up key moves the text cursor to the beginning of the previous line
(on a line that overflows the horizontal boundary) instead of moving
the cursor directly above where it is currently.

n0dalus.