rawhide report: 20060716 changes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Jul 17 10:39:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 08:39 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:

> Of course it is a bit worrisome that a CTRL-c to stop a yum update can
> leave behind such a mess, instead of cleaning up more correctly, like it
> can when a single package stage (the killing of nash) fails. I mean
> noway in hell would "my mother" been able to fix this system, and those
> ppl (like i did) certainly will first try to hammer CTRL-C when
> something hangs.

While I appreciate where you're coming from, let's give what's happened
a little perspective.

Firstly, this has happened in rawhide.  It's unlike your mother would be
using rawhide and rawhide is rumored to eat babies.

This hasn't happened in a released version.  It hasn't even happened in
the testing stage of a released version.

So while it might be a little frustrating, it's not earth shattering.

R.
 It's much better on my side"