mirrorlist cgi

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Mon Jul 17 20:56:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 16:16 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 21:57 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Found it. Thanks for pointing it out.
> >
> > Well, now it returns just some comments, at least from .de :)
> >
> > $ wget -q -O - "http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=i386"
> > # no file found for repo = rawhide, country = DE, arch = i386
> > # filename was: rawhide-DE-i386.txt
>
> ah ha!.
>
> I could only test with global or US from myself. Are you on irc? I could
> use some help testing this.

okay - I think I have it working more properly now.

Thank you for reporting this.

this is what it will do:

If you do not add &country=DE (or your country code) but there is no
specific set of mirrors that are current for your country then it will
return the global set of current mirrors.

if you do specify a country you want and there is no specific set of
mirrors then it will hand you back an empty file. This is for the people
who don't want to use bandwidth outside of their country for cost
reasons, proxy reasons, etc.

-sv