Re: top panel

On 7/17/06, Erwin Rol <mailinglists erwinrol com> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 08:08 +1000, David Timms wrote:
> Erwin Rol wrote:
> > is anybody else having problems with gnome-panel, my top panel (one with
> > the menu's and clock) freezes. I can still see the text, but it doesn't
> > react to any mouse clicks and my clock and notification area isn't
> > visible.
> I see similar freezing on FC5, seems to happen when both firefox and
> thunderbird running, but very rarely so that I can't put my finger on it.
> Does the workspace switcher keyboard combo (ctrl-alt-left_arrow etc.)
> work ?

My workspace switcher is in my bottom panel, and that works fine. And a
character-palette applet in the top-panel is also still working. But the
network monitor, cpu monitor, clock, menus and application start icons
are all frozen or not there.

- Erwin

I saw this when 'metacity' somehow was not starting in the session. Is
it running?

If not, run metacity from a terminal window and see if that improves things.

tom
--
Tom London