Re: mirrorlist cgi

seth vidal wrote:

 Over the last couple of weeks we've put together a mirror checking tool
 and a cgi that will verify the currency of the mirrorlist.

Just wondering if this is more of a single point of failure for updates?
e.g last weekend chunks of IP space inhabited by *.redhat.com were unroutable from here, causing me problems with yum/yumex.

Admittedly I probably exacerbated the issue by doing a "yum clean all" to try to solve the issue, which probably threw away all clues that yum-plugin-fastestmirror might have had to work around the issue, and meaning that I couldn't even drop back to using "yum -C"