What happened to the sk98lin kernel module?

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 12:36:08 UTC 2006

Just noticed that the sk98lin.ko module has gone missing in the later
FC4 kernels on one of my boxes, as well as all FC5 and development
kernels. Is this just an oversight/mistake? (I'm guessing it was lost
when the kernel was synched with the FC5 kernel a while back?)

The last kernel I know of that includes it is 2.6.16-1.2115_FC4. I've
searched the mailing list archives and read the changelog, but the
drop isn't mentioned anywhere.

If this is intentional, why was the support for Marvell/SysKonnect
cards dropped? (yes, I know ATrpms has kernel module packages for it)

Regards,