Intel 945GM chip on Dell D620

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 17:59:30 UTC 2006

Erwin Rol wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 23:50 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:
>> I just got a new Dell D620 laptop with an Intel 945GM chip. The
>> resolution of the LCD is 1440x900. FC5 configured it to use VESA and do
>> 1280x800 stretched on the 1440x900 LCD. I am now trying to get it to
>> work with the Rawhide i810 driver but not much luck. It seems that X
>> runs OK, because the external monitor works (at 1440x900) and i can
>> switch with Fn-F8 between the LCD and the external monitor. When the
>> external monitor is selected the LCD backlight is turned off, when the
>> LCD is selected the LCD backlight is on but the screen stays black
>> (sometimes it shortly displays a bit of junk just after the switch).
>>
>> And tips or tricks for on how to get a 945GM working with the latest
>> Rawhide driver ?
>
> I downgraded to the driver from FC6T1 and that manages to start in the
> 1440x900 resolution and work. But as soon as i try to logout it hangs my
> machine hard.
>
> Would things like logfiles be helpful here , or should i take this the
> the Xorg list ? In the last case, what is the exact sourcecode version
> of the latest i810 driver in rawhide ?

You can take it to Xorg bugzilla if you like, but it'll still probably
be me looking at it, so I'd slightly prefer just doing it in redhat
bugzilla.

The tarballs are just git exports of the Intel modesetting branch for
the day given in the ENVR.  I suppose I could add the timestamp to the
date string, but xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.6.0-11.20060713modeset.fc6 is
already bad enough.

- ajax