yum+ldconfig

I haven't updated my rawhide box for a while and now I started a yum update and it takes ages to update the 680 packages. I noticed that ldconfig is run after a package is installed (because this packages have it in %post). Why can't yum simply skip this and only do a ldconfig at the end? this would save a lot of time in updates like this and would also be good for anaconda (update from FCX -> FCY)