Re: yum+ldconfig

d> Why can't yum simply skip this and only do a ldconfig at the end?

The sorting gets pretty hellish; some of the packages which need an
ldconfig run might be needed for scriptlets of other packages.  I'm
sure it's technically possible to lower the number of ldconfig runs
assuming that the dependency information of every single package is
completely correct, but I imagine it wouldn't be terribly simple.

 - J<