Re: yum+ldconfig

seth vidal wrote:
On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 17:42 +0200, dragoran wrote:
I haven't updated my rawhide box for a while and now I started a yum update and it takes ages to update the 680 packages. I noticed that ldconfig is run after a package is installed (because this packages have it in %post). Why can't yum simply skip this and only do a ldconfig at the end? this would save a lot of time in updates like this and would also be good for anaconda (update from FCX -> FCY)

This isn't something yum is choosing to do. When the install is actually
occurring yum has handed everything off to rpm-lib.

if you want to change this you have to chane it in rpm.

-sv

ok than change it in rpm (there should be no diff.) the result would be in both cases faster updates.