Re: diet for evolution

Erwin Rol wrote:
On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 01:51 +0530, Rahul wrote:
David Nielsen wrote:

I think we can do this for FC6, it would definitely be worth it,
bogofilter is _much_ faster and doesn't sit there using all your memory
just because you have Evolution open.

If we get it in before Test3 it should get plenty of testing and we
still have the spamassassin plugin to fallback on if things blow up in
an ugly fasion.
Feature freeze is on test 2, not test 3. Playing around with too much changes after test 2 is generally a bad idea.

Everybody is already so used to the suckyness of evolution that it than
doesn't really matter anymore when we have to wait until FC7 for a
fix :-)

We are not talking about Evolution on the whole. Just the effect of the spamassassin plugin specifically on performance. Other issues have already been discussed in detail and repeating them now isnt very useful,

Rahul